Thursday, August 21, 2008

Casey's nap

I had to post this photo of Casey napping. He doesn't know he's laying in a sunbeam unless he feels its warmth. Casey is blind. I found him at about 6 months old. He had been tortured and blinded by -- I don't know who but I do know they were evil. He is now 8 years old and has such a sweet and gentle way. He knows his way around the house, although he sometimes gets lost if he takes his nap in a different spot. Sometimes he bumps into the furniture, but that doesn't stop him from playing with his catnip mouse and chewing every shoestring he finds. He uses a kind of kitty radar "wowoooo??" if he gets lost. When I hear that special sound, I ask "Casey, are you lost?"....and he always finds me. When he hears a visitor at the front door, he's always the first one to greet them with his especially loud purr. Throwaway pets???? That would be like disgarding love.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: