Friday, July 11, 2008

Men in kilts

You may wonder what men in kilts have to do with the South. Many Scots and Irish folks settled in the Carolinas in the mid 1700-1800's. The Carolina mountains were very similar to their beloved highlands of home. Throughout the South you can find countless Celtic festivals and Highland games. If you've never been to one of these events, you'll be amazed at the wonderful Scotch eggs, shepards pies, tartans, family heraldry, music, dance - and endlessly friendly people.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

BJ,

Discovered your blog from Ga. On My Mind. This looks like it's going to be a great blog, I've been looking out for good blogs around your area. I'm going to add it to my BlogRoll and check in often...:) You are right, the festivals are a lot of fun. Here is a link that you might be interested in:

Southern Festivals

bj said...

Thanks, Deborah! I've added the Southern Festivals to my link list. And thanks for the nice comments concerning this photo blog. If you have any comments, please feel free.............